Regulatory Compliance for Mortgage Lenders
This title is one of the many courses available in the AllRegs Education Package subscription program!
The regulatory climate for mortgage lenders is always evolving. This course will provide you with the information you need to ensure you are in compliance with the federal laws governing residential mortgage lending.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Define the laws governing integrity, privacy, customer relationships, and fair treatment in residential mortgage lending
- Describe the requirements of each law governing residential mortgage lending
- Identify the RESPA disclosures required at application on a residential mortgage loan
- Identify the disclosures required for non-TRID and adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) loans
- Explain the role of regulators in compliance
During the course the following topics will be covered:
- Laws Governing Residential Mortgage Lending
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)
- Required RESPA Disclosures:
- Special Information Booklet
- Affiliated Business Arrangement Disclosure
- List of Homeownership Counseling Organizations
- Required Disclosures for non-TRID loans:
- Special Information Booklet
- Good Faith Estimate
- Servicing Disclosure Statement
- HUD or HUD-1A Settlement Statement
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA)
- Required Disclosures:
- ARM Program Disclosure
- Consumer Handbook on Adjustable Rate Mortgages (CHARM) Booklet
- Loan Estimate (LE) & Closing Disclosure (CD)
- Initial and final Truth in Lending Disclosure
- Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act (HOEPA)
- Homeowners Protection Act (HPA)
- Gramm-Leach Bliley Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Customer Relationships
- Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- USA PATRIOT Act
- Fair Treatment
- Fair Housing Act (FHAct)
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA)
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA)
- Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
- Role of Regulators
- Hierarchy of law
How it works
Each self-paced, self-study course examines a particular topic, allowing students to hone in on a focused set of learning concepts. Each course is designed with learning objectives, comprehensive course materials, learning reinforcement activities that appeal to various learning styles, real world examples, and, where appropriate, video and/or audio recordings of industry experts.
The final exam is completed online with instant grading, and you can download your industry-recognized certificate of completion after you successfully pass the course. While course completion time varies per student, it will take approximately one hour to complete most courses.
Students have 12 months from the registration date to complete the course. Upon successful completion of the course, students can download their industry-recognized certificate of completion and transcript.
*Restrictions apply. If your staff size exceeds 250, please consider the Enterprise AllRegs Education Package.