Appraiser Independence Requirements Policy Manual
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac issued notices regarding new Appraiser Independence Requirements and require that seller/services establish internal procedures to comply with the federal rules for Appraiser Independence. Both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac require that all single-family loans they purchase adhere to standards for solicitation, selection, compensation, and practitioner independence when it comes to home appraisals.
Get your policies in place with the AllRegs Appraiser Independence Policy Manual. This turnkey manual outlines the requirements issued under Section 1472, Title XIV Mortgage Reform and Anti-Predatory Lending of the Dodd-Frank Act. Four key chapters spell out the rules established by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and HUD. It delivers clear policy and procedures to comply with Truth in Lending Section 1639e, including prohibited practices, permissible conduct, customary and reasonable compensation. The federal compliance section also includes the Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines for regulated institutions.
Separate chapters for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac address those requirements unique to each agency. FHA requirements address appraiser assignment, FHA connection ordering, DE underwriter responsibility and other rules for compliance.
The Appraiser Independence Policy Manual is ideal for:
- All operations personnel including origination, processing, underwriting, closing and QC staff of the following:
- Lenders approved by HUD as a Title II submission of one-to-four family housing applications for Federal Housing Mortgage Insurance
- Supervised institutions under the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve or the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)
- Lenders approved by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac
The Appraiser Independence Requirements Policy Manual features the following benefits:
- Supports strong operational practices and preparedness
- Set forth staff training requirements for this policy
- Explains roles and responsibilities
- Helps your business meet regulatory or internal compliance requirements
- Add benefits specific to each PM
Maintenance: Receive regular and ongoing industry updates to keep your policy within regulatory requirements.
Publishing: Publish your manual, including your company procedures, in AllRegs Online to complete your policy manual solution.
Contact your account manager for information regarding these optional services!